Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Fire Chief gets off easy on three felony charges

From the story Former Maine Fire Chief pleads to reduced charges in fraud case

He had been charged with forgery, theft, and aggravated criminal invasion of computer privacy, all of which are felonies. But those charges were dismissed as part of a plea agreement he reached with the Hancock County District Attorney’s Office.

The town of Gouldsboro didn't fire him, he resigned and was hired by the town of Winter Harbor last fall, but was soon fired when they learned of the charges. I'm not surprised that Tatum McLean got no jail time. The plea was accepted by Justice Harold (Hal) Stewart II. 

Stewart, in 2016 dismissed a case I had in Caribou Superior Court; use my search bar to read more. I had been denied an equal share of pooled tips when I was a waitress at Long Lake Sporting Club for a short time; and, as well I wasn't paid for a few hours I worked simply because nobody had come to eat that night...also clearly illegal. The Maine Human Rights Commission failed me as well as the Superior Court.