Sunday, February 19, 2017

Denial of Unemployment Benefits - appealed again!

I previously blogged about an employer who lied to the Maine Department of Labor regarding the reason I am no longer employed with him. Well, I continue to try to get the Maine Department of Labor to reverse the decision denying me unemployment benefits. The latest decision came from the Unemployment Commission on January 31, 2017. It affirmed the decision of the Office of Administrative Hearings, which had affirmed the decision of the Bureau of Labor...or whatever. They're all birds of a feather, and they flock together, usually. You have 10 days to request a reconsideration, so I did that. Yesterday I received word from them: it was simply that my request was received. By the way, I have 180 days (so 6 months) from the date of the alleged violations of employment law, to file a complaint with the EEOC. That deadline will come around the end of March.

UPDATED: EEOC Seeks Public Comment on Proposed Enforcement Guidance on Unlawful Harassment

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is taking public comments until March 21, 2017 regarding new guidance rules they apparently plan to put into place to help them in evaluation of complaints. There's a link in that article, to a 75 page report from the Office of Legal Counsel, as well as a link to a 2016 report on harassment in the workplace. Okay, I gotta go read those now. It's definitely relevant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment